The Straight Dope
To escape the city of Starkham and start your new life, you get your friend Preston to set up a meeting with the local loanshark, Sweaty Mike. After foolishly borrowing $2,000 to start your fledgling drug dealing career, you embark on a timed mission to sell as many drugs as possible throughout the city. However, you must evade the police, make sure not to piss off the locals too much, and navigate an ever-changing drug market.
Visit locations like Crockfort, Pinky's Gun Emporium, Murphy's Lake, The Noose & Rafter Bar, Hillside, Saint Jaysus Memorial Hospital, and more to interact with people and buy or sell a variety of drugs. Almost everyone you meet can be fought or bartered with in some manner.
The Dope Game, the newest game from CoaguCo Industries, It is a take on John E. Dell's 1984 classic game Drugwars, where the player goes around New York City trying to make as much money as possible selling drugs while evading the police. But this isn't New York City. Or 1984. The Dope Game takes place in the fictional city of Starkham, Blannington, most infamously known from our previous games One Way To Die and Raise Your Own Clone.
The game features original music by Macabre Gandhi and fully hand-drawn art assets by GP Garcia. For those of you unfamiliar with the premise, here is a fancy list of game features:
- 15 locations around Starkham
- 16 different drugs to buy and sell
- 35+ (barely) different weapons
- 8 different game lengths to play
- Listen to the old lady say lots of things on the bus (unlocks stuff sometimes)
- Borrow money from the loanshark (and maybe pay it back)
- Interact with (and fight) a variety of townspeople
- Randomly lose drugs, money, or weapons and possibly find those of other players
- Hire crew members to fight with you, including animals
- Random generated crew members: names, weapons, health, damage
- Full soundtrack by Macabre Gandhi
- 25 Achievements
- Fully hand-drawn game assets
- Holiday, NSFW, and hard modes
- A variety of random mechanics to make each game unique(ish)
- Back up statistics on CoaguCo's server and Steam
Owners of One Way To Die (dude, it's free) and/or Raise Your Own Clone will have access to additional bonuses in the game's special locations, The Finningan Brothers Fun Park and Dr. Stansfield's Cloning Lab, respectively.
The Fun Park provides a new NPC to interact with, Bill Finningan, as well as allowing you to sell your wares to park-goers. Owners of One Way To Die will get a random park animal for free after doing a favor for Mr. Finnigan and then heavy discounts on additional animals.
The Cloning Lab provides another new NPC, Dr. Stansfield's nephew Marsch, who allows you to stash drugs there for your next run. However, he may just do some of them. Owners of Raise Your Own Clone will also get heavy discounts on their storage fees and more strict care from Marsch with their belongings.
The Dopest News
Hey, dope fiends. Today we are removing The Dope Game from Humble Store due to their acquisition by IGN. Humble has been cool to us and done good work so it kind of sucks to part ways but there are many concerns due to this buy-out, chief among them is a reviewer owning a storefront.#coaguco#dopegame#humble store#ign#gamesMon, 16 Oct 2017 11:31:22
It surely won’t hurt their bottom line any but we didn’t feel comfortable giving a portion of our sales to IGN by way of Humble. We hope it works out for Humble and IGN stays hands off but time will tell.
In the meantime, the only places to snag our games will be Steam and Itch.io… and like a few smaller places.
Hey, dope fiends! We’re updating the game with some minor but requested changes for your gaming pleasure. Also, if you have played the game longer than two hours, you can get a coupon for a free version of the brand new version of the game on Android!
Here is the change log to show you what’s up with the what’s up:
#coaguco#dopegame#steam#desktop#games#pc#macTue, 10 Oct 2017 16:02:57
- Added: max button to loan interface
- Added: max button to hospital interface
- Changed: HUD images
- Changed: HUD text now better outlined
- Fixed: missing “last paid” on Stashware when buying something
- Fixed: double-click glitch on bus map
Hey, dope fiends! For your mobile enjoyment (you fucking savage) we are updating the game with the following stuff:
#coaguco#dopegame#android#updateTue, 10 Oct 2017 14:32:56
- Added max pay to loan interface
- Added max heal to hospital interface
- Changed lab stash interface for better touch support (probably)
- Fixed Shady Merchant’s interface
- Fixed profit / history sign to show correct change
- Fixed double-tap glitch
- Fixed weird glitch in combat HUD