The Straight Dope
To escape the city of Starkham and start your new life, you get your friend Preston to set up a meeting with the local loanshark, Sweaty Mike. After foolishly borrowing $2,000 to start your fledgling drug dealing career, you embark on a timed mission to sell as many drugs as possible throughout the city. However, you must evade the police, make sure not to piss off the locals too much, and navigate an ever-changing drug market.
Visit locations like Crockfort, Pinky's Gun Emporium, Murphy's Lake, The Noose & Rafter Bar, Hillside, Saint Jaysus Memorial Hospital, and more to interact with people and buy or sell a variety of drugs. Almost everyone you meet can be fought or bartered with in some manner.
The Dope Game, the newest game from CoaguCo Industries, It is a take on John E. Dell's 1984 classic game Drugwars, where the player goes around New York City trying to make as much money as possible selling drugs while evading the police. But this isn't New York City. Or 1984. The Dope Game takes place in the fictional city of Starkham, Blannington, most infamously known from our previous games One Way To Die and Raise Your Own Clone.
The game features original music by Macabre Gandhi and fully hand-drawn art assets by GP Garcia. For those of you unfamiliar with the premise, here is a fancy list of game features:
- 15 locations around Starkham
- 16 different drugs to buy and sell
- 35+ (barely) different weapons
- 8 different game lengths to play
- Listen to the old lady say lots of things on the bus (unlocks stuff sometimes)
- Borrow money from the loanshark (and maybe pay it back)
- Interact with (and fight) a variety of townspeople
- Randomly lose drugs, money, or weapons and possibly find those of other players
- Hire crew members to fight with you, including animals
- Random generated crew members: names, weapons, health, damage
- Full soundtrack by Macabre Gandhi
- 25 Achievements
- Fully hand-drawn game assets
- Holiday, NSFW, and hard modes
- A variety of random mechanics to make each game unique(ish)
- Back up statistics on CoaguCo's server and Steam
Owners of One Way To Die (dude, it's free) and/or Raise Your Own Clone will have access to additional bonuses in the game's special locations, The Finningan Brothers Fun Park and Dr. Stansfield's Cloning Lab, respectively.
The Fun Park provides a new NPC to interact with, Bill Finningan, as well as allowing you to sell your wares to park-goers. Owners of One Way To Die will get a random park animal for free after doing a favor for Mr. Finnigan and then heavy discounts on additional animals.
The Cloning Lab provides another new NPC, Dr. Stansfield's nephew Marsch, who allows you to stash drugs there for your next run. However, he may just do some of them. Owners of Raise Your Own Clone will also get heavy discounts on their storage fees and more strict care from Marsch with their belongings.
The Dopest News
Hey, dope fiends. Not really the most exciting news and one we didn’t really expect. However, The Dope Game has indeed returned to the Google Play Store (for the time being) and with absolutely zero help from the Google Play Dev Support people. In fact, they stopped responding to us after the first three e-mail and two appeals.
Nonetheless, if you purchased or had a key for the game please contact us at email@example.com so we can get you a new key for this version. The new version is basically the same game but updated to match the Steam version and has all that Google Play shit stripped out.
Here is the game’s new page on Google Play.#coaguco#dopegame#android#googleSun, 12 Aug 2018 16:47:24
Hey, dope fiends! After the run-around with Google then Amazon, we finally got their insanely ridiculous requirements completed (it really was insane) and the Android version of the game is now on the Amazon App Store. Small victories, I guess.
You can find it here if you so choose!#coaguco#dopegame#android#amazon#gamesFri, 10 Aug 2018 13:56:53
Hey, dope fiends! Today we are pushing out the version 1.1.0 update to the Android Edition bundled in The Stash DLC.
This removes all the Google Play Services crap and adds in our own CoaguCo login process. Once you log in, the game will pull your Steam statistics and merge them into your game. Currently, however, it does not sync your achievements. Also, the Steam version will not automatically sync you Android data. You will have to use the Sync option in the Options menu.
Since Google decided to pull the game with no clear reasoning, which we wrote about last week-ish, the game is now fully available in The Stash DLC from now on and will be updated there. You can also get it on Itch.io and Amazon soon.
For those curious, here is the change log for the Android Edition:
#coaguco#dopegame#steam#itch.io#amazon#android#thanksgoogle#update#dlcSat, 04 Aug 2018 18:39:39
- Added: retirement option to bank
- Added: endings section for statistics
- Added: new achievement - 401(K)
- Added: text color change on errors in banking interface
- Added: max deposit/withdraw in bank interface
- Added: CoaguCo login
- Added: stat sync with Steam
- Changed: music max and minimum values in options and globally
- Changed: various bits of code for performance
- Changed: updates to API system
- Changed: statistics area to compensate for more stuff
- Changed: player cannot select location they are on map, prevents getting trapped
- Changed: bank may now have deposits/withdraw over $100,000
- Fixed: issue where finding non-firearm causes game to crash
- Fixed: not removing medpack after use
- Fixed: glitch where game would crash if player sold all but 1 of a drug